Monday, April 07, 2008

Bye bye Captain Canuck - sob wail weep



This video tribute made me cry so much last night that one of my kids legged it down the stairs to ask what the matter was (and took the mickey out of me mercilessly when I explained):



And I've only had this team in my heart a short time....how must the people feel who have been around since Linden first came to Vancouver way way back in 1988? ...who saw him made captain two years later - at 20 years old the youngest captain in league history? ...or who have followed his career since, his amazing contributions to our attempts at the cup, his tremendous leadership, his dedication to the local community?

If it's breaking my heart to see him skate off into the sunset, then they must feel like they have lost a member of their family.

No comments: