Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lots of birthdays this month

Including mine :) and Hitler's (same day, in fact, not sure what that says about me lol)

The most imminent birthdays are Darby's girlfriend Beth, and Ian's daughter Reb

Both are alternative/punky/totally cool and fab girls, so I had fun making their cards in a style I hope they'll like.

Beth's card started off as a plain black card blank. I sponged red and violet interference paint over a Heidi Swapp mask. The skull and crossbones and crown are grungeboard - painted and glittered. The message on the bottom is Dymo'd.

Rebecca's card is a blatant plagiarisation (if I can plagiarise myself) of the Cricut Design Studio card I made for Ethan earlier in the week. I just changed the 18 to a 16, and instead of using patterned paper on the front of the card, I put it behind the design instead. I drew a thin outline freehand in gold around the wording to help it stand out.

The pink foiled patterned paper is from the DCWV Rock Star stack.

Happy birthdays girls :)



On an entirely different subject...I had a clear out yesterday, and found these wooden letters.



I am trying to figure out what possessed me to buy these specific letters.... what was I trying to spell??? Any ideas? :)

No comments: