Tuesday, April 22, 2008

You pay for the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge...

It’s taken me a week or so to really get into it after the disappointment of Vancouver so narrowly missing out on the post-season…….but I knew it would get to me in the end.

It’s now well and truly edge-of-the-seat hockey time for me….especially with both my adopted teams – Washington in the East and the Flames in the West – pushing their better-on-paper opponents to game 7 in their respective first round series in the Stanley Cup playoffs – and the Moose just starting out in their attempt to lift the Calder.

I am a little bleary eyed this morning after staying up last night to watch the Boston/ Montreal G7 – the atmosphere at that game was electric, but I felt sorry for the Bruins, looks like their run couldn’t last. And I was simultaneously listening to the game I was much more interested in last night…. my favourite Eastern team – Ovie’s Caps – vs my least favourite team in the entire league – the Flyers – booooooo!!!!

I wish this one had been televised too. I’ve watched the highlights online and it looks like a brilliant game. My heart was sinking when we were sitting at 2-0 down midway through the 2nd… Philly only needed to defend their lead and that was the fairytale over for the Capitals. But by the end of the 2nd the score had evened up, and I reckon Katja blew Ovie a kiss in the 2nd intermission because he was on fire in the 3rd, sealing the Flyers’ fate, and sending them back to DC for G7 – COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the Flames hope to finish off the Sharks tonight down in San Jose – good luck boys – win it for Connor!

I’m also keeping a little eye on the South Carolina Stingrays in the ECHL - they could have swept their best of 5 series against the Gwinnett Gladiators last night, but it wasn’t to be. Let’s hope they get better luck in G4.

No comments: