Friday, May 02, 2008

Everybody's happy nowadays..... :)

Well I am anyway

Remember these guys?

Back in the mid 80s, I had a data entry temp job to get me through my first summer at Uni. It was, hands down, the most boring, monotonous, tedious job I have ever had. The only thing that kept me sane was a borrowed walkman, and a cassette of these fine men.

Went to see them last night, had a good bop about, got a pint of VERY COLD lager spilled down my back, 'twas fun :) I can still remember all the words, it would seem, from those long, long hours spent listening to that cassette while typing up telecommunication engineers' timesheets.

And actually, despite my blog post title, Everybody's Happy Nowadays is the only hit they didn't play... we decided it's because that one's a bit high pitched for Pete Shelley now his balls have dropped :)

But we got the full force of Autonomy, What Do I Get, Ever Fallen In Love, Promises, Love You More, Harmony In My Head, Oh Shit, Noise Annoys, Why She's a Girl from the Chainstore, and lots lots more (the beauty of a band whose songs are all 2 minutes long, is that they fit a lot in to a set) - yeah!

And of course, Orgasm Addict, part of which I filmed very badly on my phone:



I was in a total strop for most of the day yesterday (cold sore, broken nail, messy house, bleh), but was grinning like a loon by the time the 'cocks were half way through their first song. Live music (and good company) is medicine for the soul.

No comments: