Sunday, June 01, 2008

Another stampy CJ


I think this is a record for me - a CJ entry started this morning and finished by lunchtime :) I usually faff about with them for days on end.

The stamp for this entry was a fobwatch - I have the same stamp - I think it was a covermount on the now sadly defunct Simply Stamping magazine:

I decided to use it with the top bit masked off, along with a compass stamp I have that is roughly the same size, and some swirly things, for a "lost in time and space" type thingy....

Nothing fancy going on on this page, just a lot of masking (I do love me a bit of masking), but I quite like the final effect.

Here it is before I attacked it with my mini misters:


The eyes are from Third Coast - I love the reflections of sky and stars in the iris and pupil....

I coloured the eyes with watercolour pencils, and then covered them with clear sellotape before I sprayed everything with distress ink / perfect pearl sprays in red, blue and purple.



The text was embossed on metal tape, higlighted with deep purple acrylic paint, and then coloured with alcohol inks.

That's this circle nearly at an end now.... :(

5 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely stamping. Those eyes are great! And I love the embossed metal, too.

Chicken Licken said...

THAT is fab! I love it! The eyes are really great!

Liz in Kansas said...

Too cool! I really like those eyes. They kinda follow you around the room, don't they?

monika said...

Wow! Looking good (pun intended) Those eyes are great :)

Caroline Moore said...

wow - what a fabulous piece, Its lovely to see what it started as and the finished product.