Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Five - 14th November 2008

Oh goody - an all hockey five :) This one won't mean much to many people out there, but it's fun for me.

1.) Toews or Kane?
Hard to separate these two, I kind of think of them as a bit of an item. I haven't seen that many Chicago games recently - none at all yet this season - but in one memorable game about this time last year I remember a big hit on Kane at GM Place where he flew over the boards onto his bench - bless, poor young 'un (snigger). And they are way too young for me to choose based on attractiveness, that would be almost illegal. So I'll go for Toews based on a very pretty goal I vaguely remember seeing on HNIC last season.

2.) Mikko or Saku Koivu?
Well, I'm still a bit miffed with Mikko for elbowing Kesler in the chin the other night (and kind of proud of Kes for winding him up that much that he wanted to lol) - so I'll choose Saku. They are both a lock for the All Star game, by the look of things, nothing dodgy going on there ;)

3.) Sidney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin?
This one is the easiest, Ovie WITHOUT HESITATION - I love the way he plays, and his humour, and his loyalty to his team, and the whole sweet internet bride thang, and he's just so cute in a cabbage patch doll kinda way :)

4.) Henrik Zetterberg or Pavel Datsyuk?
My best mate fancies Zetts, I don't see it myself. He is amazing to watch on the ice, though. I do like my Selke candidates, and both of these boys have the defensive forward thing down. Ummmm - I'll go Pavel, but it's close.

5.) Joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman?
For the most pointless reason - Stevie Y - because I have his autograph :) Only by accident, mind - I have a stick signed by the 2003/4 Canucks roster and it was originally issued by his company, and so his scrawl is on the CoA

No comments: