Monday, January 31, 2011

Bit of an explosion in a paint factory, this one....

 ....but here we are with another journal page, my last for January. 

I'm pleased to have completed 13 pages over the month, I hope I can keep this pace up.

I saw this quotation - "when you realise how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky" - on ChrisG's excellent blog.

Some sites attribute the saying to Buddha, but most have it marked down as fake, there's no evidence that it's even close to anything Buddha actually said - but never mind, fake Buddha seems to have a way with words too!

The page base is collaged with various book pages, postage stamps, sheet music, etc.  You can just see bits of those peeking through if you look carefully.  This was coated with gesso and a couple of colours of acrylic paint.

I added a couple of swirls with india ink on a paintbrush in the bottom right hand corner and 2 packing tape transferred airships, which I had left over from that His Dark Materials CJ entry the other day.  I also put a strip of my favourite Japanese cityscape tape down the left side.  

Then I added 3 copies of a photo of me laughing my head off on a theme park ride, framed with yet more paint, and the main journalling in blue Uni POSCA paint pen, outlined with a black Pitt pen.

Three stars cut from book pages coloured with yellow oil pastel and some white pen scallops finished it off.

This page is an unholy mess, but I have enjoyed pulling it together over the past 3 days, and it makes me happy.  That's all I need from it really.

AJED : 30 / 365

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow its pulled together a treat - a real feast for the eyes.

Alison said...

Fabulous page Sarah! Love that quote & the colours are yummy! x

Michelle S said...

Love it! So bright!

Sid said...

I love it Flo !!