Friday, January 28, 2011

If you had three wishes....


....what would you wish for??

Is it tricky to narrow it down to three?  Or would you cheat and go for all encompassing ones like "I wish that everyone in the universe was happy and healthy"?

I scribbled my hopes and dreams all over the background of this page (and veered wildly off topic half way down, as I tend to do when I just spill the words out onto paper), and then covered most of the writing up again.  But I know what's under there, which is all that matters I guess.

Did you know, it's REALLY difficult to take a photo of your right hand with fingers crossed when you are right handed and your camera is heavy and unwieldy?  That piccie you see there took about 20 attempts!  Got there in the end though.

Supplies used on here: the background is Golden fluid acrylics and glimmer mist sprays with some overstamping with black and white gesso, and some splats of light grey acrylic ink.  The hand is my own, the candles were from a piccie on't interwebs.  The 123 stamp is by Paper Bag Studios, the letter stamps spelling WISHES are by Creative Imaginations.  The light pink border is hockey tape.  I think that's everything.  I don't know who made the embroidery floss :)


AJED: 27/365

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, the three wishes journal page and love the pic of your hand, well done for that, i dont think i could do it lol.
Nice work and as for just 3 wishes ... yep its the all incorporating three for me lol
beautiful work and i am loving your blog.
have a lovely weekend
Hugs June

chrisg said...

RFL @ "The hand is my own".

Fab pages Sarah - I have yet to embroider/sew on any journal pages - One to try for the future.

Great to see your enthusiasm coming through your pages.

(sorry if this post appears 3 times or more it's because blogger kept booting me out!)
Chris x

Lorraine said...

great journal pages..I now prefer journalling to stamping

Rosie said...

Great pages Sarah! I love the variation on grunginess that your pages have - they really resonate with me! Those faces are really striking, sren't they? And thank you for sharing the Dyan v ideo those inks are briiliant and now on my wishlist!

Sid said...

Ohh so bright and lovely !!

TJ said...

Wow your journal pages are so vibrant - I love them!! Best wishes from germany, tj