Saturday, April 02, 2011

Used to do a little but the little wouldn't do it so the little got more and mowah....

....just keep trying to get a little better, said a little better than befowah!

Yay! I've been waiting for this CJ ever since we started the Take Ten circle, the Guns n Roses theme!  

As I am the ninth of ten to work in this book, I wasn't sure which songs would be left for me to choose from, so you can imagine how excited I was to find that my favourite G n R song ever ever ever was still available - squeeeeeee!!!! I got Mr Brownstone!!!!

I really enjoyed putting this layout together, mainly because on at least two occasions in its evolution it went HORRIBLY wrong, but I still managed to salvage it.

And that somehow is more fun than eveything going smoothly from the get go :)

The song is about the cheery subject of heroin addiction, hence the poppies.

I have just one more journal left to work on in this circle - with a board games theme - and then I'm all done.  It's been a LOT of fun, I'm going to miss it when it's gone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was more eloquent but basically I just love the boldness of the design and colour....just striking!

Nigel said...

Fantastic page, and that would be an amazing CJ to look through.

Not sure which track I'd have chosen, some are maybe a little obvious; jungle, sweet child, so I think I'd go for Rocket Queen or maybe Out Ta Get Me.

Marit said...

Wow, wow, WOWZAH!!!! I'm a big fan of silhouettes! (not so big of G & R though, sorry...) Your page is amazing!!! As were the pages in your former posts (yes, I catched up a bit!) Hope you have a lovely weekend (as sunny/warm as ours? It was 25 degrees in Holland today!)

Lorraine said...

love those poppies what a great page

Rosie said...

This is a really powerful spread Sarah! I just love the silhouettes and the colours too. You should "pop" over to AYITLOOAJ and enter it there too - their theme has silhouettes this time... Or go all out and make another!
Rock on, G and R! =)

Sarah said...

Marit? you don't like Guns n Roses? that's it! we can't be friends any more :P Only joking - I'm not their biggest fan either, in fact I didn't buy anything past their first album - but that first album was great, and it totally takes me back to my University days - Mr Brownstone was our getting ready to hit the clubs on a Friday night song :) ah, happy memories :)

Rosie - I'm doing a different page for the year in the life prompt - but using the same mask that I used for the silhouette on this CJ page, so it may well turn out quite similar :)

P.J. said...

That is really wild. Your work in these books really is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Love these colors! Yay for spray paint! And those poppies - flower and pod *swoon*!

fatmonica said...

These pages are just fabulous!Loving the poppies and the dancing stamp.