Sunday, July 31, 2011

as Angus Young almost said, Black is Back!


Almost a year ago today, I finished work on a new circle journal - blogged here - and this week it came home to me - so good to see it again, full to bursting :)

Without further ado, here are the fantastic pages that everyone else from the Altered Colour CJ added to my book:


In the temple of lovelovelovelovelovelove .....those lyrics take me back to my uni days - lots of dry ice and arms waving :)  Gorgeous page!


I love that dancing skellie stamp - he has such personality :)


I'm sure I have that text background paper somewhere, will have to dig it out, this page has reminded me how much I like it


There's so much I love about this one, where to start?  I am not usually a fan of flowers but this one with its black lace and leather is just stunning.  And I really like the metal mesh over the Sabs logo and the witchy woman photo.  Fab!


I like the way that book page has been cut into a kind of cityscape - I can see myself nicking that idea!


This page is just gorgeous, the photo doesn't do the details in the background justice, sadly


The black on black embossing on this page is so effective!  Difficult to photograph though.  And I love the quote too.

And finally:


The parcel opens to reveal the lyrics to Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance - another great song.

Thanks to everyone who took part - I love my not-so-little black book :)

3 comments:

Luna Art said...

This looks like it was a wonderful journal to be a part of, there is some amazing work x

Virginia said...

Wow this is a gorgeous CJ hun - bet you are enjoying having it home safe and sound!

Tessa said...

Lovely album! A beautiful piece of art!

xx Tessa