Saturday, December 22, 2012

Shiny!!!!

Well, the weather outside is frightful, as the song goes, so I wanted something to do with the boys this afternoon.

I'd seen something on t'interwebs about glittery dinosaur ornaments, and that seemed like a fun thing to do, so I nipped out to the shops this morning to buy some cheap plastic dinos and got to work

Of course the kids didn't help at all because the X-Box was singing its siren song, but I enjoyed myself anyway :D

Step one, slather the dino with PVA glue:


Step two, dunk with glitter:


Step three, rewind, and realise that it would have been easier to screw the eye hook in first so that I had something to hold:


Rinse and repeat until you have three super sparkly prehistoric buddies:


And hang in tree:

Rex
Steggy
and Pterry
This is most likely my last blog post before the big day, so Happy Christmas everyone! 

4 comments:

Carmen said...

Ah, so this is why the shopping trip for dinos and glitter :D

LOVE THEM! And may have to copy blatantly next year ;)

Virginia said...

Genius I love them Sarah - glad you had sparkly glittery fun yesterday afternoon even if the intended were busy xboxing it LOL

Jana said...

I LOVE these. They turned out very cool. And thanks for the tip on putting the eye in first.

Michelle Webb said...

OMG! I love it! Genius idea Sarah, I wish I had thought of that. You have a very unique Christmas ornaments now. I'm jealous! Merry Christmas x. Michelle xx